July 14, 2019 05:15
If they were the queen of history in this country, Princess Disney would be Irene Sáez Pepelka and could elegantly bring her gloves over her elbow Stefania Fernández for Miss Venezuela 2008. Susana Duijm or Bárbara Palacios would be a good Snow White rose Aurora, the spark of Dayana Mendoza would not in contrast to Belina's intelligence and Alicia Machado would become the stereotype of a reckless Latin that was not ready yet, but sooner or later it will rise as a drink.
Maritzo Sayalero is hard to find on this picture. He would be more suitable than a thief. It was not a mistake that all the girls wanted to be, at least when beauty competitions were more important, we had a collective spirit for these things and the gravity of Dios Canalesa did not gravitate. However, there is something that distinguishes it from everyone: this is the first. Those in the Australian port of Perth broke the Miss Universe cellophane, which was in the popular imagination more prestigious than Miss World, mainly because the world is in the same universe. This achievement marks 40 years on Friday 19, at least in Venezuelan times, since it was in Australia on July 20th.
Maritza is 58 years old and, according to her photos from Instagram, is the same: maybe her conservative figure paradoxically helped. The decade was emphasized by her Mexican husband, tennis player Raúl Ramírez, whom he married almost after giving the crown. "Thank you for remembering me." I love you very much You can not imagine the beautiful things they write to me on my social networks, tears come to me, "the monarchic venecuelance addressed the WhatsApp call from Ensenada, Baja California. He does not suspect something about his legacy: his name is often an educated way to replace the rudeness that Venezuelan girls are now dealing with.
Does not it bother you to talk about Miss Universe 1979?
No, not at all. On the contrary. That's what they say: remember to live. This means that people still have me in my mind and in my heart, they do not forget me. I feel a lot of joy and pride. Just as when I was over 25, they gave me a wonderful gift in Poliedra. Imagine that Miss Universe's 40 years are serious words. Celebrating 40 years is not easy, what? 40 are long years.
-This year protests against the competition and Australian feminists brought a cow that symbolized the sale of meat. Today, feminism has developed much more. Would you be the queen of beauty again if you were 18 years old?
– Of course. I learned about the feminist group when Miss Universe ended. Do not think there were thousands, and thousands, and thousands. Something with cards. I do not remember seeing a cow. No more reading cards that said that these events should be banned because the woman was treated as an object. Such things. If I went back to the time until this age, but we were at the present moment, I would return to the competition in a beauty event. Those who participate in them are worthy of women. Today it is more present that they are very prepared and intelligent. Sometimes it was a couple of years when a girl from the nerves answered nonsense. I respect those women who think about these competitions. But I'm not much for, say. I do not understand this mentality.
They say that beauty does not define us, but as a very valuable liquid asset.
– Of course. I do not agree with what a beautiful woman is like a fool. What is a beautiful woman? Not necessarily a woman with a big body. For me, this is a multitude of things. Because I see a beautiful woman, but if she has a terrible and fatal personality, I immediately click and say: What a nasty, disturbing and unbearable woman! I also disagree that a beautiful woman must have perfection. We must be very respectful. He never knows. Perhaps the beauty contest has triggered the growth of girls' personality and the revival of self-esteem. If you have a good head and you have feet on the ground, these experiences are sometimes very positive. People do not understand. It is very demanding and critical. Climbing on the stage is very complicated.
– At the age of 18, a certain degree of vanity is normal. Even recommended.
– Of course.
– In 1979, did you feel like a woman?
No. It was never my personality. I never realized myself, myself, my ego, my vanity, how beautiful I am to be the best in the world. I believe that I was born, blessed by God, with a certain quality, if we can say so. From the moment I used reason, I was always confident in myself. So I did not have to look for these funds in order to increase self-esteem. I never had this problem, either in my youth or in my youth. What I had to give vitamin in the mirror!
– In this Miss Universe there is a moment that is very shocking: it takes off the coat and is in a bikini. Was it decisive?
It is not necessary that judges have not been involved there. Maybe it was an important moment. When I competed in Miss Universe, the famous pools already existed. This exists in England, Australia and many countries. They always took in the newspaper how the betting of each competitor was. I do not know if my father or Osmel Sousa showed it to me, but I was not at the top. They were above me, England or Jamaica. When the presentation came to the press, she was in the bathroom in the hotel swimming pool. But it was winter, and I said I'd die because of the cold. What will I do? I'm on a black bikini, a good father, small, with some metal bands, gold, and I said: I'll put on a coat. Maruja Beracas lent me this coat to rest in peace. When I had to pose for photographers, I got a stone. In Spanish, I told them, "When they're ready, they tell me I can open my coat because it's cold. And this is a famous photo. They told me: Ya! I opened my coat and forgot about it. They broke up. And from that moment, I started climbing stairs in the pools.
Was she the first queen of Osmela Souse?
– Osmel helped me a lot. At that time, the president of Miss Venezuela Ignacio Font and Osmel was his right hand. In fact, this was the most important part. I've been meeting since I was 16 years old. I started a friendship with him and he followed my steps. It was up to them to choose the girls to compete with the best. He was responsible to tell you what you need to improve. Of course I am the winner for him.
– Did you suspect that Osmel will be what it would be?
I have never seen the fact that Osmel's career, when I win, will go to the level he has left. If I was a participant, a pioneer or I gave a granite for it, blessed God: it is very pleasing to me.
In August, she will be 3 years from the death of her sister, communicator Natalya Sayalero.
My life is no longer the same. It has changed 180 degrees in all emotional aspects of the day. What can I tell you? That was my only sister. We loved each other amazingly, we were like nails and dirt. That's something I will never recover. But I learned to know how to take it, especially in support of my mother, who lives with me, and this is not an easy situation. My mom was an example of power to me. Imagine: if I feel bad, what is my mom doing?
– Are you three kids close?
The one who is far away is my Daniel, the youngest. He lives in Alaska for 3 years. I realize that every four months he returns and I see him for a while. Raúl, the father of two of my grandchildren, lives in the same place as me. I've seen it most often. Rebecca does not live in the same place, but she is close.
– You're not talking about politics almost anytime. But are you waiting for Venezuela?
– Of course. I am not talking about politics, because every time I think I do not speak about politics, but I express my feelings, there are many crazy people on the networks. They are very aggressive, they say a lot of nonsense and block them. I avoid polemics, but this does not mean that I do not feel what they feel. I really am confused by the situation, what I see, the news, what they are telling me. I have a family in Venezuela and I know what's going on. It's not a story. I'm not imagining My family suffers. Then they shock me when they tell me that I do not live there, that I have no right to say that I have left Venezuela, that I do not want my country, that I am a syphid and that I have nothing. Clean shit. I know what lives. This is not a story.
The Spanish Sara Montiel was with you mother. Did this affect his personality?
Is not necessarily. But as in all, perhaps the genes were there. Then there's something in the blood and maybe a little bit of it. Security, I do not know. Whenever he went to Venezuela, he was looking for us. I love those people who are genuine and unique.
– Is it true that your husband is sick? Can you talk about it?
– Parkinson was discovered six years ago, but thank God that his health is optimal in all respects. It's self-sufficient. Take a 90% normal life. It has very few restrictions, but this is my husband's condition. I do not call it a disease, I call it a condition. Raúl works a lot, playing tennis, walking every day. His children sometimes rage with him. It has a lot of capacity. I hope that Diosito will continue to support it and that it will remain so. That Parkinson's disease does not develop.
– It's 40 years Miss Universe, and there will soon be 40 years of marriage.
There is not much to say. There are facts, the story is. They are together for many years, and like all that respect, communication, and love prevail, things can be done well. Nobody is perfect. We created an incredible family. We have three beautiful kids and two grandchildren. In order for the relationship to be successful, there should also be bad times for learning the values. Do you know what's boring? Let everything be beautiful, beautiful, beautiful and perfect.
– Is it more important to passion or feel comfortable with someone?
There are levels and everything is related to age. You are feeling, your feelings are changing, not your feelings. Think of other things in life. The fact that you have been married for several years is not a loss of passion at any level. Do you understand me? But the wedding on which you have to work.
– What joy would you like to give Venezuela, as it was 40 years ago, that it was at all becoming a matter of controversy for President Luis Herrera Campins?
– I will not go to the in vain and superficiality now. I will not tell you that I would like Venezuela to give Miss Universe again. It does not matter now. I want things to change. Let everyone interpret it as they want to interpret.