Sunday , July 21 2019
Home / uae / Launch of the Forum on Simplified Tourism in the Arab Region

Launch of the Forum on Simplified Tourism in the Arab Region





Kamal Aljaziri


Posted in:
Tuesday, June 25, 2019 – 11:27 p
| Last Updated:
Tuesday, June 25, 2019 – 11:27 p

The Forum of facilitated tourism in the Arab region, held under the auspices of the Ministry of Tourism and the League of Arab States, began to coordinate and collaborate with the Arab Tourism Organization, the Arab Academy of Science, Technology and Maritime Transport and the International Labor Organization (ILO) Invitation by dr. Rania Mushat,, Participate in the Forum and participate in its effectiveness, given the importance of the Ahmrachiaia Seaside landscape, and achievements in the previous period of the exchange of external relations and a large number of tourists, and to double the share of tourism in the province.

The purpose of the conference is to raise awareness of the concept of soft tourism and its social and economic benefits and its effects on the development of the infrastructure and services needed in the tourist facilities available to all, and to identify pilot experiences in using soft tourism, and how they can benefit countries of the Arab region.

The forum emerged as a response to the decisions of the Arab Tourism Ministerial Council, which called for a forum to facilitate tourism in the Arab region in order to raise awareness and exchange views and experiences on ways to remove obstacles and obstacles that this segment is facing tourists, especially because they are faithful and frequent visits to the destination. Needs.

The Forum seeks to strengthen the mechanisms of cooperation with international institutions, such as the International Labor Organization, by transforming and developing relations with these institutions, which includes the axis of institutional reform of the structural reform program for the development of the tourism sector.

The forum will discuss several important topics such as the concept of soft tourism in terms of vision and sustainability, through principles, tools and practices, and applications and rehabilitation of facilities for the use of soft tourism with emphasis on the importance of technology and innovation in the service of hospitality through the use of artificial intelligence and staff training for the implementation of the concept of soft tourism. , Development and development of soft tourism in the Arab world, and the role of Arab governments and the private sector in their support and development.

At the opening meeting, a short awareness film was prepared under the auspices of the European Commission to explain the idea of ​​soft tourism and another Arab tourist organization's film on soft tourism indicators in the Arab world, which showed that approximately one billion people in the world have a form of disability Approximately 15% of the global population This important segment represents 10% of the total international tourism, and its consumption exceeds 20% to 30% for the average tourist.

"The Arab governments are making great efforts to remove obstacles for people with disabilities in order to enjoy the wonderful nature of their country, especially since their number exceeds 1 million in the Arab world by 15 percent of the population," said Eric O'Sullan , Director of the Technical Working Group on Decent Work in North Africa and Director of the International Labor Organization in Cairo. Arab world.


Source link