For players facing the problem of falling or falling behind in FPS in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, a few simple optimizations can help them avoid these problems.
Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War has so far not been the best experience for players with game crashes, server outages, and a skill-based fiasco. When it comes to FPS and overall game performance, however, players can achieve greater efficiency with a few simple optimizations.
These optimizations work in all the modes present in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War, including Zombies mode. These optimizations also benefit players, as additional features that can distract attention are also turned off.
Here’s how to achieve better FPS and reduce the lag in Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War.
How to improve the performance of Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
The first thing gamers need to provide is whether their GPU drivers are updated or not. AMD and Nvidia are known for releasing driver updates before the introduction of AAA addresses. As Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War is one of the most anticipated games of the year, GPU manufacturers have released an update before its release.
When the GPU drivers are updated to the latest version, the player should start Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War and move to the Graphics tab in the Settings menu.
The optimizations a player needs to make on this tab for a better in-game experience are:
- Make sure yes Display mode is set to full screen mode
- Refresh rate should be set according to the highest refresh rate of the player’s monitor. For example, if the player has a 144Hz monitor, set the refresh rate to 144Hz.
- The player must be disabled Playing V-Sync in V-Sync menu
- Move to Rendering separation, players should set it to 100 at start-up. However, if performance issues still exist, players should reduce this.
- Setting Relationship on Automatic and Line of sight up to 100 is optimal to avoid FPS drops in the game
- After setting Thumbnail speed limit on Custom, the player must be set Custom game speed limit to the maximum monitor refresh rate.
- For Texture quality,, Model quality,, Quality of special effects,, Reflection of screen space, in Object view distance players should check the performance of their graphics processor and set the values accordingly. Setting all of the above to Low, however, will ensure better play with minimal lag.
Once these optimizations are done, players should notice a noticeable change in the Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War experience.
Posted on November 28, 2020, 5:13 PM CET