Monday , September 23 2019
Home / canada / The young men were thrown into the trash – BC News

The young men were thrown into the trash – BC News



[ad_1]

Investigators want to know who knocked two kittens out of the Vancouver container trash last week.

CTV News reports that the cubs that have since died, discovered the neighbor, who heard them fly from the trash. They called BC SPCA and tried to console small animals.

"It teases me," said Connie Jorsvik for CTV News. "I can not imagine that somebody would think."

The cat's hens were rushed to urgent veterinarians, but it was too late to save them.

"These puppies were dumped, just like rubbish, and that was something that did not have to happen," said SPCA Senior Protection Officer Eileen Drever. "If anyone has any problems with their animals, contact SPCA and we will try to provide help."

The trash was located in a safe parking lot on Pacifica Street 1040. The cat's puppies were found in a plastic bag, which was labeled "Love You" in a stiff wrapper.

with files from CTV Vancouver

141804


24. apr. 2019 / 9:02 | Story:
254709

Members of the men's basketball team at the University of Calgary mourn the loss of colleague Andrew Milner after discovering his body at Lake Moyie in south-eastern British Columbia.

Cranbrook RCMP says that two men were in the can on the lake on Tuesday when she returned.

One of the canoeists came to the coast.

RCMP and B.C. Investigation service is investigating.

The group confirms that Milner, a 19-year-old student of kinesiology from Antigonish, N.S.

In the last two seasons he played for the team.

"Andrew was an exceptional student and national champion on the basketball floor, but the most important was that he was an exceptional young man, and his loss will be deeply felt by all members of the Dinos community," they said in their statement on Wednesday.

"We offer sincere condolences to the Milner family and the Antigonish community, the N.S. and everyone who knew Andrewa."

The University offers its students-athletes advice on sorrow.

B.c. The Council for Forest Safety said that the tree had died in this workplace in Kitimat.

The fall was fatally damaged on April 18, when a tree hit by another felling operation hit it, which meant another victim of the 2019 harvest.

The incident remains in the investigation and details still need to be determined, the Security Council said in a brief announcement.

The regulation requires all workers in the vicinity of two tree lengths without trees to be cut down, with the exception of supervisors falling at the bottom of the tree. Before entering the area, workers must contact the drop by radio.

Manual tree falls have the highest overall rate of injury and the highest level of serious injury (amputation, fractures, fatalities) of all posts in B.C.

No other details were reported about the incident.

141804

Buy the customer. B.c. The court of appeal annulled the judgment against Vancouver villager who did not tell the potential buyer of the unresolved target murder that took place in possession.

CTV News reports on B.C. The Supreme Court ruled in March 2018 that Feng Yun Shao was a victim of "fraudulent misrepresentation" when she agreed to buy Shaughnessy's home of $ 6.1 million without telling him that Raymond Huang was shot at the door of the year 2007. t

The seller, Mei Zhen Wang, told the lower court that Shao should return 300,000 dollars after he withdrew from the sale after finding out about the murder in 2009. Shao then sued, claiming that she had been deceived during the initial transaction. .

In the original judgment, the seller testified that the murder of his son-in-law did not encourage sales, but said that they had moved because his grandson had turned into private schools. The court documents show that the daughter was asked to leave for the safety of other students.

The seller or its real estate brokers have ever mentioned shooting in Shao and the judge in the original proceeding has decided in its favor.

But Judges of the Court of Appeal, Mary Newbury, Daphne Smith and Peter Willcock, disagreed and concluded that "there was no misrepresentation of the omission".

The decision on the complaint puts the buyer an obligation to ask certain questions about the real estate instead of the seller's disclosure of sensitive information on a voluntary basis.

"There was no evidence (the seller) knew or should have expected Mrs. Shao to have a special sensitivity to an event that took place two years earlier and that this did not affect the quality of the house or its usefulness," wrote Newbury.

with files from CTV Vancouver

The Internet Privacy Suite, based on B.C., revokes the violation after Vancouver Airport refused to declare the rights to privacy at border crossing points.

Ads show that agents on the border have the authority to require that they view your phone, with ads that are designed to end the Skytrain line when people enter the YVR

"Our most personal and sensitive information is contained on our phones, but our information at the border has no more rights than a garment bag," CTV News told the OpenMedia Victoria Open Privacy Protection Victoria Henry.

"The information we provide has been legally verified with trusted resources and is in line with the recommendations made by the Canadian Ethics Committee," she said, adding that most people do not know their rights when dealing with border agents.

A spokeswoman for the airport administration said that the ads "do not serve all of our stakeholders".

"It also has the potential to add unnecessary stress to the travel experience," he added.

with files from CTV Vancouver


24. apr. 2019 / 18:39 | Story:
254701

The federal government will allocate funding for bus services on rural routes left by Greyhound in North Ontario and western Canada, but Transport Minister Marc Garneau says that until now only British Columbia has been accepted.

"This is something more than 60 years of provincial responsibility," said Ottawa's decision not to subsidize the grease or previously involved in financing travel between city buses.

Garneau commented on Wednesday after meeting with B.C. Transport Minister Claire Trevena. This was the fourth debate between ministers on a 50/50 cost sharing plan to eliminate the routes that were abandoned when Greyhound halted operations last fall, citing the loss of $ 70 million in six years.

"We will wait if we see if other regions come to us," Garneau said, adding that the Federal Government expects that provide a list of unregulated routes and costs for a two-year arrangement.

He also said that the federal government would also pay half the cost for the BC Bus North Service, which the province launched last year at the expense of $ 2 million, to offer connections between Prince Rupert, Prince George, Dawson Creekom, Fort St. John, Fort Nelson and Valemount. .

BC Bus North includes a Highway of Tears 16 highway between Prince George and Prince Rupert, a route that was interrupted by the departure of Greyhound, causing considerable concern among autochthonous communities affected by dozens of murders and disappearances of women. a few decades.

Terry Teegee, Regional Head of the Assembly of the First Nations of the DP, said that short-term financing could again lead to unharmed roads in communities if private companies can not make profits, so both levels of government must commit to serving a traditionally insufficient area in the long run.

The government has sought to solve this issue by creating "working groups" in all ten provinces, considering long-term solutions for travel between cities across Canada, Garneau said.

Pr. She is currently evaluating the interest of several companies that apply for the service, Trevena said.

"We are trying to ensure that the gaps are covered. This is a great landscape and we do not want anyone to be left without safe and affordable land transportation," Trevena said. "The Highway 16 has been highlighted and necessarily so. Now we have a system running along the highway 16, not just the BC Bus North."

Teegee, a member of the first nation of Lake Takla, said that governments should consult the first peoples to get a good understanding of the route.

"He may not need a day-to-day service, maybe every other day," he said, adding that he would need even more services, especially during the summer months, when people get faster when the bus does not appear and puts it at risk.

"We have always emphasized that the communities of the first nations are inadequate, and transport should be seen as an essential service, as this is a priority," he said.

The Saskatchewan government said in a statement that it was forced to end the Saskatchewan transport company in 2017 when the number of drivers and millions of dollars of subsidies fell.

He said that Ottawa offered $ 10 million to the western provinces to subsidize transport routes, but did not meet the province's requirements.

"We wrote to Minister Garneau, who asked for more information on the federal program and did not receive any response. Saskatchewan encouraged the federal government to provide these funds directly to private sector carriers in order to improve services for people with disabilities, vulnerable people and the northern community "."

The Surrey man was arrested after allegedly sucking a bus driver in Vancouver.

CTV News reports that the attack took place around 10.30. Tuesday evening near Cambie St. and 45th Ave.

Sgt. Clint Hampton of the Transit Police says that the 49-year-old Surrey walked across the ship and started attacking the driver.

"He hit him on the side of the face with a closed fist," said Hampton CTV. "The bus carrier and the observer jumped and had a bit of a fight with the suspect."

The assailant was arrested approximately an hour later at Metrotown. The driver suffered only minor injuries, while the attacker was briefly hospitalized after being arrested for the injuries caused by the blob.

"It's very strange that someone turns to the bus operator without knowledge and does not recognize them," said Hampton.

with files from CTV Vancouver

On Wednesday morning, the Coast Guard was named a submerged sailboat in the English Vancouver Bay.

CTV News reports that the ship was near the maritime museum. When the crew tried to pull the boat to the shore, they began to take water.

Fisheries and the oceans in Canada say they have tried and failed to keep a boat on the water. Now it's just part of his mast over water, marked with orange colors.

The Coast Guard has so far failed to find a boat owner, but when found, they will be responsible for the removal of the vessel.

with files from CTV Vancouver

Heavy disruptions in the tunnel George Massey prompted several mayors of Metro Vancouver to demand immediate action.

In a letter published Wednesday, five mayors and two heads of the first nation called on the province to hurry to build a new passage across the Fraser River, between Delta and Richmond, according to CTV News.

"Now that the province has set limits, construction at a new juncture may not be completed before 2030 – a delay that has a great impact on the lives of tens of thousands of people who use the tunnel every day," the letter says.

The Indian Band Musqueam, the first nation of Tsawwassen and the mayors of Richmond, Surrey, Vancouver, Delta and White Rock, say they have reached a consensus on nine points to accelerate construction.

These proposals range from concerns about the impact on fisheries during construction until the design of the intersection, which would last at least until 2100.

"Our communities are the ones most directly affected by the overcrowding of tunnels and we were successful in finding a solution that we all can support," he writes in a letter.

– with files from CTV Vancouver


24. apr. 2019 / 17:07 | Story:
254697

The first nation in British Columbia, whose members refused to leave when its territory surrounded the fire, is demanding an indigenous emergency response center, and recognition of jurisdiction to respond to emergencies and recovery.

The National Government of Tsilqhot has issued 33 recommendations as part of its report on the record-breaking 2017 season in Vancouver, with provincial and federal representatives.

Head Joe Alphonse was a vocal critic of the wildfire response by the federal and provincial governments, who said they did not recognize the autochthonous skills of the firefighter, which pose a greater threat to the first nation than the fires themselves.

He told the crowd at the University of British Columbia that the six Tsilqhot communities have always lived in a state of fire but do not have the basic infrastructure and resources that they would better equip themselves to protect themselves.

The report, entitled The Fire that Awaken Us, does not propose a special budget to implement its recommendations, which includes several fire halls, geotechnical work for the stabilization of banks, and a procedure for reimbursing costs for all nations.

Minister of Forests B.C. Doug Donaldson says the government has begun to work on the feedback received from the country's first, and 108 recommendations from an independent report submitted last May for a renewal of disaster response practices after 2017 and fire seasons.

He said the province believed that it had already dealt with 18 percent of the recommendations in the Tsilqhot report, including the incorporation of local knowledge into emergency response and the provision of fire extinguishing training.

The report states that the adoption of an emergency response rooted in local traditions and values ​​is an opportunity for reconciliation in an area that is complex but critical and could be used to tackle "many first jurisdictional battles".

The change must be led by indigenous peoples, but it must be supported by provincial and federal governments.

"Recognizing the values ​​of the first nation and making decisions require the courage and leadership of all governments."

In the 2017 fires, more than 1.2 million hectares of land were burned, costing $ 600 million, and 65,000 people being forced out of their homes.


April 24, 2019 / 2:20 | Story:
254671

The Greater Vancouver Real Estate Board warns women's agents of a man who has created more complaints.

The board said that he heard from Realtors in areas served by SkyTrain in Burnaby, Vancouver, New Westminster and Richmond.

Women say that they were called by the man who asked them to show their home, they insist they come alone, and if they refuse, they become angry.

The committee says that since the warning has disappeared, he discovered a man with a similar description.

She says that a man named Sean Z or Lee Chang is going to be soft and aged about 30 years.

The statement states that some complaints were referred to the police in different jurisdictions, and agents should not be alone with open houses or exhibitions.

A navy vessel based in the Middle East made the third important drug seizure on the coast of Yemen and Oman in the Middle East.

HMCS Regina sailors seized half a ton of hashish and 10.5 kilos of heroin on Thursday, reports CTV News.

Since March, the Canadian warship has controlled an area known as the "Hague Road".

"Normally, there is not much heroin to be transported through Yemen," says Cmdr. Jake French told CTV News from the vessel.

Heroin is more often smuggled after the "trace" from Afghanistan to East Africa and then to Europe.

A battle team from the reginaine unit searched for a non-flagged fishing vessel and found that the drugs were hidden under accessible panels hidden by a metal coat.

Earlier this month, the crew seized more than five and a half tons of hashish in two separate searches.

The warship will return to Esquimal in August.

– with files from CTV Vancouver Island

More BC News

[ad_2]
Source link