A young and healthy person was told that a tumor in the size of the brain's brain in the brain only a few days after he learned that he would become a father.
31-year-old Joel North was diagnosed with cancer when he underwent an uncontrolled and random seizure that lasted five minutes while he was on the 11th of March at work.
Mr. North, from Lismore in northeastern New South Wales, was with his girlfriend Anita Jordan who came to the hospital.
The couple, who had no idea what caused the terrible attack, patiently waited for the results of multiple MRI images.
31-year-old Joel North (on the picture on the right with his partner Anita Jordan) had a random and violent seizure that lasted five minutes on Monday, 11 March. his brain
The tumor is wedged in the right parietal region of the brain – the "eloquent" area, which includes planning, controlling and performing voluntary movements.
Doctors told Mr North that the tumor in the right parietal brain region – an "eloquent" area, which includes planning, controlling and implementing voluntary movements.
It needs immediate and radical surgery to remove the tumor and only then it will know what kind of cancer it has.
Mr North and his girlfriend have set up a GoFundMe site to help them pay a life-changing operation.
The operation will give them $ 130,000 because they do not have private health insurance.
"Joel's best chance of survival depends on this great operation," says GoFundMe.
Mr North needs an immediate surgery to remove the tumor and only then they will know what class of cancer he has
Then, it is described in detail how Mr North, who has lived a healthy lifestyle throughout his life, needs a 24-hour care, as any other attack can occur at any moment.
"This uncertainty contributes to the urgency of the operation, as tumors can change from benign to aggressive and the attack tells us that it is now time to take action," they say.
To make the couple even more burdensome, Anita found she was pregnant just a few days before the seizure and called on the public to help them, so that Mr. North could meet with his first baby, Poppy, to be received in October.
The couple tried for a child more than a year after the first tragically aborted child.
Mr North and his girlfriend Anita have set up a GoFundMe site to help them pay a life-changing operation that will bring them $ 130,000 from their pockets because they do not have private health insurance.
The couple had already met a neurosurgeon, Charlie Tee of Sydney, who was ready to work, but gave him the chance to get the last side effects as one of five.
The couple had already met a neurosurgeon, Charlie Tay of Sydney, who was ready to work, but gave him the chance to get the last side effects as one of five.
"The main risks are for motor skills on the left side of Joel, which can lead to paralysis and life in a wheelchair," he said on a fundraising page.
Mr North also has the risk of dying during the process.
The GoFundMe site has raised more than $ 98,000 from Sunday night.
Despite the funds so far collected, the couple is still aware that the operation is just the tip of the iceberg.
"This is only the first chapter when the tumors are biopsied and find out that it will determine how the second chapter will end, but it will probably include chemotherapy or radiotherapy," says the page.
"But as Dr. Teo said that this operation is a matter of" quantity or quality "for Joel's life."
"And with the child in the way Joel's priority is to have such a long life as can be."
Anita announced that she was pregnant just a few days before the seizure, and called on the public to help them "get life back" so that Mr. North can meet his first child, Poppy, who is due to arrive in October.
The GoFundMe site has raised more than $ 98,000 from Sunday night