Wednesday , January 29 2020
Home / canada / LIFE'S ADMINISTRATION: The official had to order other police officers from the crime scene in Oland, the trial to hear

LIFE'S ADMINISTRATION: The official had to order other police officers from the crime scene in Oland, the trial to hear


Chris Morris, Canadian Press

Posted on Friday, November 30, 2018 12:45 PM EST

Last Updated on Friday, 30 November 2018 13:41 EST

SAINT JOHN, N.B. – Richard Oland's multi-millionaire's residence has drawn unwanted attention from several police officers in Saint John who visited the scene to see, on Friday, it was said that the attempt to murder Dennis Olanda had been told.

"I strictly ordered them to withdraw from my scene of crime," Sgt. Mark Smith said that when two unlawful officers were discovered near the body on the day of the discovery, on July 7, 2011.

Smith was an official who was tasked with collecting forensic evidence in a terrible murder site in St. John's city councils Richard Oland, a 69-year-old businessman and former CEO of Moosehead Breweries Ltd., who was beaten to death on 6 July 2011 .

The photographs show that Oland is lying at the table, his skulls breaking repeated blows from weapons that he never found. A large group of blood is present along the upper half of the body.

Only the only son of Oland's, Dennis, 50, is at the second-degree murder trial. This is the second trial of Olanda – the jury's conviction in its first trial in 2015 was annulled in the appeal.

The prosecutors told the court that this was a "confusion" triggered by the serious financial problem of Dennis Oland. In defense, he says that Dennis, who has firmly preserved his virginity, is the victim of a police investigation and a rush of judgment.

The two officers who brought Smith's brother were Inspector Glen McCloskey, later Deputy Chief of Police in Saint John and now retired, and Const. Greg Oram. That day, McCloskey's second visit to the arena and during his first trial admitted that he was on the second occasion simply out of "curiosity".

McCloskey's behavior was the subject of an initial investigation by the New Brunswick Police Commission, after another official said that the deputy head wanted to not tell the trial of his presence at the scene of the crime. However, after McCloskey retired, a more detailed investigation had expired.

Smith said that two police officers left when he ordered them.

The defense raises the highlighted questions of the police officers who testify at the trial, which shows that there was no careful examination in terms of preventing the pollution of the crime zone and the failure to study such areas as a possible escape route and the washrooms office.

Smith did not study lawyers on Friday. He'll take it back later.

Two police officers on Friday's stand, Const. Rob Carlisle and Const. Don Weber described the work done during the Oland investigation in the context of an investigation by the prosecutor Crown P.J. Veniot.

Both were tasked with investigating possible evidence, including anything that could be a murder weapon, and also collected video surveillance from nearby businesses.

Carlisle has been told that since July 6, 2011, he was told to look for a video from the upper part of the city, especially those wearing beige trousers, about 5 meters and 10 inches high, wear a dark blazer.

"No mention of the name," Carlisle told the court.

Dennis Oland was shot on camera on July 6, 2011, in his pants and brown jacket. He visited his father at the office late that day and is the last known person to see Richard Olanda alive.

Source link