Last year, I made 20 bold predictions for the 2018 World Rowing World Championship. In my account, I scored 18.5 of those. Apparently a great result and it matches my results in the last decade. Some of them were Shinsuke Nakamura, who won the Royal Rumble to face AJ Styles at WrestleMania 34, Impact Wrestling, who worked in his latest and "best" arrangement. added another performance (NXT UK), Dean Ambrose will turn the fifth, NXT remains on WWE, Neville will not return to WWE and much more. That was last year.
This year I will also make 20 bold predictions, the last three of which will be the biggest, so enjoy the entire column … or scroll down to the bottom for all the fun!
20 Bold Forecast for 2019
1. CM Punk in some way returns to wrestling – I made this announcement last year and surely, the man signed an autograph at a wrestling store just to celebrate ALL IN Illinois during a fall. A little suspicious. However, he counts. He exploited and apparently pucked on wrestling and was directly or not linked to wrestling in some way. I expect a similar situation in 2019. Regardless of whether it is a signature of the autograma, WWE Hall of Fame invites to sit in the crowd. legend or whatever, he will do something. I do not anticipate the return of WWE or anything wild. Relax. The infamous quote I got was that he told his friends that he would settle down with a failure in his life if he ever returned to the WWE. Failure in life. Ladies and gentlemen. Very strong words. I believe that Punk is too big to return to the word now. Maybe never say never in this weird industry, but not soon. Nevertheless, UFC and the garbage of reality show just so far. Rock is his game.
2. Braun Strowman goes to Smackdown LIVE – That was one of my mistakes since 2018. I can try it again, right? At the same exhibition as Brock Lesnar and Roman Reigns, he will not prevail as a universal champion. It just was not. There was more space on the blue stamp. In addition, I would definitely be more like a monster. To my surprise did not happen in Superstar Shakeup. Come 2019, I guess he lost to Royal Rumble in his Universal Title bout, he moves around RAW in the next few months through WrestleMania 35 and then jumps to the ship. Maybe I'm wrong (again), but this is my prediction. He's the perfect guy to be introduced at FOX.
3. TOP star goes to Smackdown Live – No disrespect for Braun, but I see bigger names in Smackdown LIVE before the start of FOX. I mean Brock Lesnar. I mean Rowdy Ronda Rousey. I have in mind the Roman Empire (if healthy) the type of star. Heck, we're likely to get John Price and The Undertaker, who would make special appearances. Edge can also be a regular, again general manager or host of the Cutting Edge talk. WWE will go through the October premiere and then try to continue this momentum in the WM36 season. If not, they are stupid. This leads to my next paragraph …
4. Rock returns to WWE – Pop quiz: The last Rock 's WWE game ever? You still find out? If you said John Price on the WrestleMania 29 in the main event for the WWE Championship, you are wrong. Rocky fought with Eric Rowan on the WM32 as an amazing camera and won in all 10 seconds. I can assure you that. This will not be the ultimate duel of the Great. He will return and after the take-off of the last two Manias there is no better time than to return now. His last major hyped up match was against Price on WM29, and that was at this very stadium WWE is returning for WM35. Regardless of whether it is enrolled in the WWE Hall of Fame or anything else, it will be more regular on WWE TV than the last few years. Smackdown on FOX in October is definitely tempting, what?
5. I still do not care about NJPW or Ring of Honor – Two years ago I asked for a wrestling council. Anyone who has read my columns in or out of the company – I'm worried about something NON WWE! Please. Help me. I watched a lot of talk about the game with Will Ospreay and Ricochet. Just like I watched a fable match of 80 stars from WrestleKingdom two years ago. I mean, I even watched Kenny Omega and Chris Jericho. I also believe it or not; I see a rare show of Ring Of Honor on my local channel here in Wisconsin when I get an opportunity (several times a year). I look at each other, I shrug and I go on. I want to take care of people! I want to. I love wrestling and a big fan. Give me a reason for concern in 2019 …
6. AEW is the right thing – See? I want to worry, but you have to give me a reason to worry. I'm not talking about The Young Bucks and I've said many times that I'm not watching them, I'm not watching their matches and I've never seen the episode "Being Elite". I did not care less. Same as Cody Rhodes and his great independent running track. I did not watch or follow it. I know that the boy is gifted. He does not have to fight in the gym and bingo halls to prove it. I've hyped him during his entire WWE run and called on him to do more every ssetle time I've written a "understated" list. Every time he was there. I know these boys are talented and have strong fans. So I will support their All Elite Wrestling and give them a fair chance. The support of a billionaire's son is always helpful, but money can be wasted just as fast as it can be used wisely. Time will show how this is going, but for now I am representing a good TV / streaming agreement, which must be in works and major signatures in the spring. Good luck to everyone.
Please note that I'm writing this before THE RAY in Jacksonville on Tuesday. This should be interesting and needs to be great from the door.
7. The spit is still spirally rotating – A wrestler with a wrestling will continue to survive, but he will never make it. I said that when they lost Spike TV (which I called), I said when their agreement on the destination of America was filled with so much support (also called the BS), and now I will say that POP TV beat them up 21:00. time slot and eventually from their network. Regardless of where Pursuit is, it will be happy … on Fridays at 9 pm (only 90 minutes are indicated on the website). But this will not happen. I do not care about their Twitch ventilation or their 800 million press releases that advertise YouTube numbers. None of this means anything that is evident from their slow, slow decline to irrelevance. Do not forget about people, I watched their first appearance on Spike television and I still remember the exact date. I recorded each episode and kept them on all my VHS tracks. I was there, people. I know how much enthusiasm was in this brand. Not anymore.
8. Batista returns – No explanation is necessary.
9. NXT remains in the WWE network – All right, this is risky. In 2018, I announced, despite the fact that I had a little tease on the USA Network. Now there are rumors that NXT will go to FS1 or another Fox branch that will come in October. I have no idea if this is true. I saw him. WWE will want everything that can be obtained from the FOX contract. I am still saying that the XFL could end up broadcasting on the FOX channel at some point. Nevertheless, the NXT on the WWE network fits like a glove. The company already receives more than $ 2 billion of television rights fees. Come on!
10. New NXT calls are treated better than others – From this moment, Lars Sullivan, Heavy Machinery, Nikki Cross, Lacey Evans and EC3 are still on their way to WWE. "Nobody has debuted in the main list yet. I expect that they will soon appear, probably very quickly, and I also expect them to start well. I have already written about each of them in the column since the end of 2018. No need to emphasize that my hopes are high. Forget about Revival, Capture, Tyler Breeze and others. These guys and girls have a legitimate opportunity to do good.
11. Lucha Underground is closed – In order to prove my opinion about WANTING to take care of other promotions, I actually watched all the seasons all of Lucha Underground. No heck. Sometimes I sat for my daughter once a week and had a million cable channels to enjoy. Guess what would you watch that night? Yeah, Lucha Underground. Actually, I liked most of what I saw. My two main complaints were Chavo Guerrero and a man / woman wrestling. I remember that there were also some unprotected recordings of the chairs. It is true that most of what I have seen is good. I wrote about this on another website, trust me. By the time the season ended with that wonderful two-three-minute teaser for the second season, I was hooked! Then came the second season. For whatever reason, she lacked energy. There was no buzz. Missing excitement. In a few episodes, I was outside. They're gone in a moment. It's cool that the old episodes have been on Netflix for some time, but this has also disappeared. From my understanding that it costs a ton for production, it has ridiculous contracts and does not attract many numbers on television. Thus, by reducing funding, unions that have been omitted from their business, and the entire industry, which adds even more separate promotions, Lucha Underground can be a strange man.
12. Bray Wyatt corrects his character – We can not survive more stupidity. None of us deserve this. Similarly, another family reunification is not a good idea. Bray Wyatt must only refresh the action. Try more hocus experiments. Make Sting an action where it hangs around the arena, where everything ends before jumping into the fight at the end. Perhaps you should ONLY make a vignette in your small bar that swings in your bowling chair and ONLY fought for a paycheck for sightseeing. I'm just throwing out ideas. It's too young and too big to have another lost year. 23 months ago WWE Champion and with this title stepped into WrestleMania 33. I know. I was there. He can return to this point.
13. Names of female labels have been introduced – For what's worth, I think it's not such a good idea as it is on paper. We saw it before, and the results were bad. When you have the same two or three teams, you are dealing with belts, but nothing but a tandem, which was much better. Nevertheless, Vince McMahon and the company have already revealed plans for new titles, which will take place for the first time in the new year. The only reason I have included it in my BOLD announcement is because these rumors have been around for some time now and still nothing. Nothing. Hope. I will guess that Santa Claus finally got his wish in 2019, whether I like him or not.
14. The old, unexpected name returns to WWE Alex Riley? Tyler Rex? Matt Morgan? This is the year when a completely strange and forgotten wrestler returns to the ridge. Think of Jinder Mahal, who shocked the world and returned … and then won the WWE Championship. I'm not talking about Drew McIntyre or EC3; we knew that these guys will eventually come back. Even Melina, Victoria, Mason Ryan or Justin Gabriel. Once again, only a person from the left field, who you never expected in a million years. It would be fun to get your predictions on this topic!
15. The WWE continues to expand – Mae Young Classic, NXT UK, other promotions that appear on the WWE network, etc. Why will WWE retain talent for signing? Because they will continue to invent new performances, new content, new revenue streams, new ones. In a world where Carlito can randomly show on The Edge and the Christian Show on the WWE network, everything is possible. As we all have noticed, the U.S. market has so far almost dried off, why not go to Australia? Do more events in Saudi Arabia for $ 80 billion? It strikes England, Japan and everywhere in between for big performances.
16. XFL will continue according to plans There are some who believe that Vince McMahon will get cold feet and bail on his XFL project. Some even think that his Alpha Entertainment brand is just a WWE cover that pays all the bills. I do not agree. Vinny Mac has billions to play and if he wants to give another try, I say that this is about it. You live only once, are not you? Who are we to tell a person what to do with his money he earned and built in his decades in this business? Good for him. Personally, I think this is down again, but this can be developed in 2020. Until then, the thematic song is attractive, the locations of the teams are cool, the stadiums may be too big, but they are still beautiful places, and all of this gets time, which it needs to be introduced. Not only were they going out in a record time.
17. Depending on the location declared within a few weeks, I can participate in WrestleMania in 2020 – This is a personal announcement. As I mentioned in my terrible column "My Trip to Orlando," I announced and promised to be the first to attend the WM for the first time in 2016 or 2017. I made this claim at the end of 2015. When I realized that I would not have attended a huge issued in Texas, I said clearly: I'm going to Orlando the following year. This was not a prediction; he was a spoiler. Now, a few years later, we're back here. I will not attend WrestleMania 35 on New Jersey / New York. But I'm interested in the issue of next year. If it is in Minneapolis, as they say, or where else I want to travel, planning should begin!
Okay, now for my three great predictions, which I craved at the beginning of the column …
18. Roman Reigns returns to WWE – It's more hope than a logical choice. I do not know any of you, but Roman Reigns, who announced his leukemia battle, was pretty devastating to me as a fan. He was a big blow. The hole he left on the whole company still felt three months later. I am not saying that the recent decline in credit ratings and interest in VSE due to its exit, but it has an absolute role. My wish is to quickly overcome it and return better than ever. The fact that health updates were very rare told me that he was OK and that he was already considering the return of WWE. Everything is quiet, as they say. Far from eyes, far from heart. Call me crazy (and I'm sure you will), but I want Reigns to return to WWE as soon as possible.
Okay, the time has come for the bomb …
19. Ronda Rousey against the title Becky Lynch WrestleMania 35 – I called women to the main event WrestleMania 34 with the appearance of Rondo Rousey and the subsequent match of the year. I even called Asuka to win the Royal Rumble and had a big duel, although others doubted that it could ruin it all last January. In October, I loved Evolution and I just realized that the last three Raws from 2018 were women. John Price and Vince McMahon recently returned to the television and immediately got the foreground they intended for, thanks to Becky Lynch (and others). Needless to say, women officially took over and guided that in 2019 this is none other than Ronda Rousey and Becky Lynch. Somehow, somehow we have to do it. We need him. Turn on Charlotte Flair if you need to (not). Whatever is needed: Rousey and Lynch Enrich WM35 is extremely large and it is absolutely the biggest money that takes place in WWE. This has to happen and I believe it will.
To the extent that all this is sound, I will double this forecast and go a step further …
20. Ronda Rousey loses – Here is. My big bold announcement for 2019 is that Ronda Rousey is finally losing the match, and if there's any right in this world, Becky Lynch is at the best of all. I know conventional wisdom and every reason that Rousey will beat Becky to close the story, but it will confuse her. Let's go full. We do not know if Rousey is staying until the end of 2019 or even planning to run it regularly. Her family plans were well-known. I say that another year goes by, but this is false thinking. The transition to Smackdown LIVE and a slower schedule (I think Brock) would not be the worst thing in the world. In 2018 she proved her passion and skills. Rousey has a heel in it, which can be money, but she can wait all this. Right here and right now, Rousey vs Lynch has your WrestleMania 35 main event with MAN standing high for the end of the show.
The moment (s) The Green Bay Packers Shuffled NFL Playoffs