A Tennessee man died of infection with bacteria that eat meat after a few blondes in Florida. His daughter blames the hospital for not taking into account her warnings that her father would have necrotizing fasciitis.
William Bennett died after visiting Cheryl Bennett Wiygul's daughter in Florida last week. They swam in many water bodies, including the seaside in Destin, then in Turkey Creek and on a swamp in Boggy Bayou.
Cheryl heard reports of people infected with bacteria eating meat in the country and assured her father of taking additional precautions, as he had previously suffered cancer and could have a compromised immune system.
"My father had no open wounds. He had a couple of places that were practically healed, small scratches on my arms and legs, which I convinced them to be super-sealed, she wrote on Facebook.
In 12 hours, Bennett began to experience fever, fever and cramps. He went to a hospital in Memphis where they noticed a "Terribly swollen black spots" on the back.
His wife told everyone in the hospital that he was in Florida and that this may be a necrotizing fasciitis, but he was fired and the staff should not have performed a biopsy. The black point doubled, and a new one, along with red knocks on the hands, emerged. Bennett's condition worsened seriously and became a septic event, but soon he was twice encrypted before his death.
The results of laboratory tests have shown that vibrio vulnificus has been shown to occur in necrotising fasciitis and causes sepsis. The disease control centers claim that every year, vibrio causes about 100 deaths in the United States.
Female Florida died in June following the development of necrotizing fasciitis after cutting off the tibia while walking along the coast of the island of Anna Maria.
If you like this story, share it with a friend!