Another deadly example of chantuyurus in Chubut: a municipal worker, Epuyén, died


Municipal worker Epuyén in Chubut became the second death due to the hantavirus lung syndrome in the province.

A man who was 61 years old and was hospitalized in intensive care was one of five positive cases of chantavirus, confirmed by the National Institute of Infectious Diseases (INEI), Carlos Malbrán, where the samples were sent.

The remaining complex picture is one that is younger than 15 years old, who also remains in intensive therapy, but in a clear recovery, while other patients were dismissed, according to the hospital sources it was consulted Telam.

Malbran's results are expected to be reported as "suspects" in three new cases.

"Epidemiological research is continuing on the ground," said Jorge Elias, assistant director of the Esquel Program Department at the local Ministry of Health, who confirmed that the infection occurred in a common site.

The Examples of Hantavirus "took place in the event hall, where birthday party was organized in Epuyén, but (the sick) were not on the same table, but in different places, so we focused there", detailed Elías.

The doctor confirmed that the zoonotic zone of the Ministry of Health Chubut ordered the installation of traps for capturing and analyzing "long" mice samples in the five Epuyén homes where the families of confirmed cases of hantavirus are resident, in addition to events

Because of the common place in which positive cases were reported, it was interpersonal infection, although consultations with sanitary authorities have found that "very exceptional cases are known because the most common form of infection is environmental".

In fact, the most common form of spreading the epidemic is the virus that transmits the small rodent "Oligoryzomys longicaudatus", which is known in the mountainous region as "colilargo mouse" a region where it is especially spread in the flower season of the cane cole, which is their favorite food and creates rich seeds in flowering, which is very rich in nutrients.

Once in the human body, the lung syndrome of hantavirus causes high fever, muscle pain, cough, and headache, and after a few days, breathing difficulties worsen and develop in severe cases that can cause death due to respiratory failure or shock when the lungs are filled with liquid.

With information from the Tel


Source link